For those of you who don't know, my grandmother (my mom's mom) passed away a few weeks ago. I was able to attend the funeral in Yuma, Arizona with most of my family. It was nice to be reunited with those I love and don't see often, and it was also good to pay tribute to my grandma. She was such an amazing and exciting person. At the end of her life, her illness took over her mind and covered up the beautiful loving person she once was. She was still good and loving, but not near the fiery compassionate woman we all once knew. In Arizona I was able to remember with clarity the many wonderful things she had done and the legacies she left behind. I love and miss her so much but I feel she is with me still. I thank my Heavenly Father for giving me the knowledge that we will be reunited again soon and that she lives on and continues to love and wait for us in a better place. I wanted to put up some pictures of her that I got from my mom and Don. Some people have already seen them, but for everyone else, I want you to know how great she was and what she probably looks like in heaven today.
That is really cool that you got so many pictures of her throughout her life. I'm sorry that she's gone, but you've got it right that you'll see her again. I love seeing the pics of you as a little kid. You were such a cutie. You still are, but those big brown eyes . . . wow. Anyway, I'm excited to get together again finally. See you in a couple days!
You have some great pics of your grandma. Preeti told me about her passing. I am sorry you lost someone special. You'll meet again and until then, you'll have someone wonderful to watch over you! :o)
Wow Dawnie, your grandma is so beautiful! I am sorry to hear that she passed away. I know that she is still with you and waiting until she can be reunited with her whole family again! Love you!
I love your tribute. That is so sweet. Isn't it wonderful that the gospel gives us such perspective. I know it's still difficult to have her gone for now though and will be praying for you and your family. Your mom looks a lot like her. I can see evidence of Dawn Mouse in there too :)
4 comments:
That is really cool that you got so many pictures of her throughout her life. I'm sorry that she's gone, but you've got it right that you'll see her again. I love seeing the pics of you as a little kid. You were such a cutie. You still are, but those big brown eyes . . . wow. Anyway, I'm excited to get together again finally. See you in a couple days!
You have some great pics of your grandma. Preeti told me about her passing. I am sorry you lost someone special. You'll meet again and until then, you'll have someone wonderful to watch over you! :o)
Wow Dawnie, your grandma is so beautiful! I am sorry to hear that she passed away. I know that she is still with you and waiting until she can be reunited with her whole family again! Love you!
I love your tribute. That is so sweet. Isn't it wonderful that the gospel gives us such perspective. I know it's still difficult to have her gone for now though and will be praying for you and your family. Your mom looks a lot like her. I can see evidence of Dawn Mouse in there too :)
Post a Comment