Friday, January 15, 2010

First day of school, Christmas, and a day at the park

This post is lengthy, but in my defense, I haven't had a way to unload the contents of my camera properly. But 2 nights ago Wynn bought me a card reader! So now I can blog to my heart's content. Look out world!!! Anyways,

There are some pictures of my dad's Christmas party. It was so much fun. It was also a little scary for me because (gulp...) I sang! Yeah, that's right. Apparently I sing now. Wynn played the guitar (and he did some songs by himself and was awesome!) and then I joined him for a duet and then sang Away in a Manger (all by myself!) It was soooo scary but such a rush too. I felt the same nervous/excited feeling I used to feel when I would dance for people. Who knows if I did okay, but it doesn't matter because it was fun :) Then my dad's friend Dennis MacGregor (who is a professional singer/song writer/ painter) followed Wynn and my performance with his songs which were awesome! So much fun. We all got to dress up and eat yummy food and have a night away from the kids (always nice)

Nancy and I went to the park with the kids a little while ago and they were all being so cute I just had to take some pictures. Emma was so into the "muh-bahs!" (monkey bars) she is sooo precious.

There are also pictures of Christmas. I was so proud of my choice of totally shamelessly girly wrapping paper ;) Wynn and Mason were tolerant and supportive of my need for girly things. Also, I'm (as always) immensely proud of my Christmas tree this year. I added sparkly green to the already red and gold theme, and think it was a great addition. Mason got lots of Thomas the Train toys for Christmas from Santa, mommy and daddy, and grandmas and grandpas. He was a very happy boy. If you'll notice the two standing lamps on either side of our TV, Wynn got me those from Crate and Barrel and surprised me with them on Christmas Eve. I love them!!! Wynn has such great taste! Thank you honey :)

And last, but CERTAINLY not least, Mason started his first day of preschool on Tuesday!!! We both dropped him off (Wynn is such a good dad) and took pictures and video. When I went to pick him up, his teacher said he did great and Mason didn't want to get in the car! He really likes school. While I'm so happy he's in school, I did cry a little bit because it marks the end of the days when me and my little buddy are joined at the hip and do everything together. I know he has to grow up sometime, and there are perks to growing up obviously, but I don't ever want to let him go!

So that's what's been going on with us. If you made it this far, you're either really bored or interested enough in us to trudge through this long blog. And if so, we love you and appreciate you :) Love to all!





























2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow. Mason's in school!!! Isn't that weird? How wonderful it must be to take him to school and then get time all to yourself. I'm slightly jealous. :) You look so great and your Christmas looked fabulous! I LOVE the lamps that Wynn picked out for you! They are so pretty! Anyway, I appreciated the lengthy update. It's good to know what you guys are up to. Weston told me he wants to move to Arizona so we can see you.

Andrea G. said...

Awww! I'm so glad to see you... even just in pictures. We're glad you guys are doing well. And in case you forgot... Um, yeah, you TOTALLY Sing!! You are amazing :). Miss you!!