Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sad sad sad

I finished reading "The Lovely Bones" recently. Holy crap I have never been so sad in my entire life! I'm not saying the whole thing is sad, but it drags you through feelings and scenarios that are just too painful to even think about. It was a very well-written book and I actually couldn't put it down until I was finished, but I wasn't ready for the depressing ride it took me on. I enjoy a good drama as much as the next girl, but this was down right gritty sadness. Save yourself the heartache.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks for the recommendation/warning. I am definitely not up for a sad book right now. How on earth have you been (besides sad, of course)??? Do you have a new phone number? I texted your old # last week and never heard back. Let me know. Love ya!

Julia said...

Oh I read that book awhile ago. I remember liking it, but that was before I had kids. I don't think I could read it now!

Kathi said...

I read that when I worked at borders years ago!! I got depressed as well... I agree greatly written but just too sad for me!