All 6 of us reunited for V3 reunion 2009 and it was a blast. The first night everyone got to sleep over at my house (including some of the V3 babies!) and we had so much fun. I made chili and my friend Shannon's famous peanut butter chocolate chip cookies (I'll post the recipe at the bottom so everyone can have it) which were so good it was impossible not to eat at least 10 of them.
The whole reunion was packed with lots of reminiscing about old memories and lots of making new ones. I'm so grateful for such good friends.
Shannon's peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
(makes about 2 to 3 dozen)
Caution: Making these cookies too often may cause backside to expand in a horizontal direction ;) or at least that's what happens to me
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 egg
1 and 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup crisco butter flavored shortening (I like the kind that comes in sticks. Worth the extra $$)
1 and 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (or more if you're like me) semisweet chocolate chips
bowl of white sugar (for rolling cookie dough balls in right before baking)
Mix wet ingredients, salt, baking soda and brown sugar together in mixer then slowly add flour untill combined. Last mix in the chocolate chips.
Form into about 1 and 1/2 inch balls and roll each ball in white sugar until coated.
Place on cookie sheet at least 1 inch apart.
Using a fork press each ball two ways (think a pound symbol with 8 lines instead of 4) resisting urge to push down too far. (push down about half way)
Bake at 375 for 8 minutes per cookie sheet. Remove from cookie sheet with spatula and let cool on cooling rack.
Enjoy!












4 comments:
V3 Pride! Woot woot! That was the best trip ever and I love your pictures! Thanks for not posting my crazy face pic, lol. The sleepover at your place was so fun, and holy cow those cookies were so insanely good.
Umm really those are the most AMAZING cookies and I'm so glad you posted the recipe! I do believe I had one the minute I woke up the next day. haha. I love the pics you got..I can't wait to see everyone's pictures! Thanks for hosting all of us..the night at your house was SO fun!
What a totally fun tradition and great girl time! Love all the pictures too.
PS-Awesome new header. Go Wynn!
Yay! Go V-3! Ummm, this might sound totally conceited, but we are Awesome!! :) I love you guys so much. Here's to many more reunions to come! And uh, I posted your cookie recipe on my blog too... I've already made them and told everyone how amazing they are! Love the pics!
Post a Comment