Friday, March 27, 2009

I snowboard, yeah, you know it!!!

Well, after living in Utah for 7 years I finally went snowboarding for the first time. Well, I actually went twice. Once when my Dad's bunch were in town and the following weekend when Nancy and co. were here. (We have had a CRAZY month by the way) The first time I went I was pretty crappy at first (our friends the Buxtons daughter Lani taught me) and was really sore the next 4 days. But by the next weekend I wasn't so bad. Nancy and Billy were so nice and waited for me on all the runs. They made sure to throw snowballs at me as I approached too. It was awesome :) Now I wish I could go more, but all of my snowboarding buddies went back home and the season is close to over anyways. Maybe next year I'll buy a season pass or something.

There's also some pictures on this one of Mason wearing his "cool dude gulashes" awake and angry, and then asleep with them still on. He's such a goof.

Also, Wynn lost his job last week. His company laid off a whole bunch of people due to financial stuff (so at least it was nothing personal). So, yeah... That sucks. Currently Wynn is very actively looking for jobs and refining his portfolio. So if anyone in Utah or Arizona knows of anything in the graphic design or something closely related field, let me know. I hope everyone else is doing well. Wish us luck and if you're into this sort of thing, put in a good word for us with the big guy upstairs.


















5 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm loving all those fun pictures! You look hot in snowboarding gear BTW. :) I'm glad you had so much fun with your family in town. I am definitely praying for you guys. I hope something comes up sooner rather than later. Let's play this week. Love you!

Becca J said...

I love the pictures of you and your hubby! Such fun love! :)

Julia said...

Fun times snowboarding..but man that sucks about Wynn losing his job! I'm so sorry. :( We'll be praying for y'all for sure.

Andrea Hatch said...

That's so awesome you learned how to snowboard. And you look gorgeous in all your snow gear. And I'm sorry to hear about Wynn's company, we'll be praying for you guys.

Andrea G. said...

I am so impressed! I grew up in Utah and have never tried snowboarding! Looks like you guys had a blast. I especially like the bit about throwing snowballs... you gotta love family :)

We will definitely keep our ears open about jobs. You are in our prayers. We love you guys. I'd love to find something for you in Logan... but know that would mean selling your house. I'll let you know if I hear ANYTHING regardless.