Friday, August 8, 2008

Evil Kinevil Mason!

Wynn and Mason and I took a trip to Wyoming a few weekends ago for a little short Burton family reunion. There were a bazillion people there which stressed Mason out. He was cranky the entire weekend and I was so sad that he wasn't nice to the people who were so sweet to him and just wanted to cuddle him. Oh well. Mason isn't the snuggliest kid so I guess I can't hope for him to change that for one weekend just because I wish it. There were a few times that he had fun though (which are the pictures of him in his black shirt) when we were outside playing frisbee and looking at flowers. It was really cute. Also, this past weekend Wynn's work had a little barbecue for the design department. Mason's favorite part was the trampoline. He would get up on it and start saying "bye-shee bye-shee!" Which translates from Mason to English as bouncy bouncy. It was soooo cute to watch. He loved it when the other kids bounced him around. I can't believe how crazy he is. He's my little evil kinevil (sp?).
Also, I finally finished the last Twilight book which is good because I will finally get sleep instead of staying up until odd hours of the night. But... I am of course so sad that I don't have anymore books to anticipate. That part is making me really sad. Oh well, life goes on :) Just as a reminder, this is a spoiler free blog, but if you are as obsessed as I am, tell me what you thought of the book! (I guess don't read the comments if you haven't finished it then).











5 comments:

Leighanna said...

Dawnie- He is so cute. I love it!! BTW - LOVED the book! It was not at all how I thought it would turn out. I was anticipating doom and gloom the entire time. I guess I'm just a pessimistic person! I really picked up on Meyer's religious influences... Did anyone else feel that way or am I reading too much into it?? Anyway - I'm very sad there isn't another book too!!! Now I need to find something else to waste my time with! :o)Miss you!!

Dawnie said...

Yeah, I thought it would be doom and gloom too. I was totally preparing myself for one or both of them to die, but I was so pleasantly surprised! I loved how he could finally read her mind at the end. Love you too! And I picked up on the religious stuff too ;)

The Knighton Fam said...

I LOVE the face-plant picture! Hilarious!

Andrea Hatch said...

First of all, Hello Gorgeous!! You look so beautiful and skinny in that pic next to the tramp!! And Maso looks adorable and I could totally hear his voice when you said he says "bye-shee bye-shee." I miss that little guy!!

Bethany said...

Playdate idea. Have you ever been to Jump on It? I bet Mason would love it! They have a mom-and-me jump during the school year for $3 for you and a kid. So maybe we should go in September. It's one of Aiden's favorite places. On another topic, I am trying not to read other comments on your blog in case they spoil book #4. I finished book 1 last night after neglecting the kids for a couple days. Thanks for letting me borrow it! I love the pics of Mason. He looks so happy!