Wednesday, August 4, 2010

crocheting

I have recently become randomly obsessed with crocheting. I kind of just woke up one day and decided I wanted to learn how. So... I did. I just watched a bunch of youtube tutorials and learned how. It's really fun and mentally soothing. It's enough activity to keep me from being bored, but it's simple enough to let my brain just wander. I made a whole bunch of flowers, some coasters, and some hot pads so far. I wore the big hot pink flower with green leaves to church 2 weeks ago, and every girl was magically drawn to its pink-ness. It was a great conversation starter too. Anyways, I've been having a lot of fun with it and have been working really hard on not spending our every last dime on yarn! If anyone wants something made I can make it for you and ship it to you. I think it would be fun to start my own etsy shop and sell them, but in the mean time I just want to give them to family and friends if they want them. Let me know!



4 comments:

Shannon said...

Look at you learning new skills! Those flowers turned out so cute! I'm impressed. Looks like a fun hobby. You should definitely do an etsy shop!

Andrea G. said...

Color me impressed! They are so adoreable... and you already know my thoughts for V-3. :) Dawnie, you amaze me... especially learning everything on your own (I'd have to have some hands on help).

Richelle Johnson said...

You are really talented Dawnie! Wish I was :)

Owen's Mommy said...

hi, I am a friend of Jessica's. You attended a baby shower I threw for her recently! I would like to purchase a spacific flower you had made. It has multi levels of petals with a green background and the pink in the center. Please contact me so I can get a few from you in a few colors ;) thanks liz-liz.roth1011@gmail.com