Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Slippery slide!






Those of you who have ever lived in Utah or been here in the winter know that playgrounds are off limits when it's cold outside because of the severe weather. (You Arizonians wouldn't understand) So the best place for me to take Mason is the mall play area that has a set of rubbery playground equipment inside. There's a treehouse with some little slides, some fake dinosaur bones and footprints and best of all, a slide. Mason has just recently learned how to do the slide all by himself! As you can see by the pictures, he waits his turn like a good boy and climbs the steps, turns his little self around and goes down feet first on his tummy! Weeeeeeeeee! I love watching him explore his newfound freedom. His new favorite thing is running as fast as he can out of the play area and around the corner making me have to bolt after him. The funniest part is that when I get him it's very clear that he had no intention of turning around and coming back. He really wants to explore and has no fear of what would happen if he went too far. It's kind of scary really, but I'm keeping a very close eye on him, so it's okay. One more thing... The first picture of him smiling is right after I asked him "Mason, what does a doggy say?" and he answered "moo moo!". It was really cute. I love him!

4 comments:

emily kate said...

What fun pictures! He's such a cutie!

Kathi said...

He is so cute Dawnie!! The second to the last picture looks just like you! Love you.

Andrea Hatch said...

SO CUTE!!! I LOVE the first picture. He looks like he is getting so tall. And I totally relate with the scary "no fear exploring" I'm always saying to myself, "She'll get scared and turn around...." but she never does.

Becca J said...

haha, so cute! He's such a happy boy :)