My mom came into town (which was AWESOME!) I always miss my mom. It was hard to see her go, but I get to see her in a week and a half, so all is well!!! She doted over Mason the whole time which made me feel like such a proud mommy :) We shopped, ate at restaurants, went to the gym, watched movies... Pretty much all of the stuff we would get to do if we lived close to each other. Sigh... Someday. The best part of it all was that she was here for halloween.
We dressed Mason up as a monkey (and have since been calling him Mason monkey pants) I was cleopatra (which is kind of a big deal for me because I haven't dressed up for Halloween since I was living with my roommates at BYU. We were pop-stars with headsets- V3 for life!) And although Wynn didn't dress up with us for our block party on Thursday night, he did dress up on Halloween for work. That was funny. He was Tobias from Arrested Development as a member of the blue man group complete with cut-offs. If you don't know what that is, don't worry about it but I would recommend watching the series on DVD. So funny. I helped him paint his whole head blue that morning. It was interesting. I was VERY excited for him to shave off his mustache that night (he grew it for part of the costume) because I think mustaches are CREEPY!!! At least it looked creepy on him.
Mason had an awesome time "ticktreat" ing on Friday even though it was raining. Every house we went to, he would grab a huge handful of candy and shove it in his pumpkin and proceed to run full speed into the person's house. We learned very quickly to hold his hand very tight before they opened the door. Because he actually got really far into a couple of peoples' houses. Then, when we were leaving each house, he would shout "AWEEN!" (which is Mason for Happy Halloween!) He was unbearably cute. I was so proud.













4 comments:
That is so cool you got a visit from your mom! Mason was such a cute monkey and I loved your cleopatra costume!
Mason was an adorable monkey! Dressing up for Halloween is so much fun! Miss you see you soon.
Glad you had so much fun with your mom! You look great in your costume..looks like a fun time!
I love that you dressed up as Cleopatra. So fun! Mason makes a cute little monkey. I can just see him bolting into peoples' houses. Too funny. Glad you had a fun visit with your mom. Ah, it is hard living far away. Anyway, can't wait to see you tomorrow! :)
Post a Comment